Tips of the Trade is our quarterly safety bulletin that’s delivered straight to your email inbox. It contains safety tips that are pertinent to anyone working around electric and natural gas utility lines—whether you use heavy equipment or handheld tools. Sign up for Tips of the Trade today and begin receiving these critical safety reminders! Sign up today.
Check out some of our past Tips:
- Always notify 811 before you dig—it’s the law!
- Play it safe: Follow this “SAFE 8” directional-drilling checklist
- Understanding the tolerance zone
- Overhead and underground safety practices
- Using Trenchless Technology
- Overhead power line clearances
- Hand-digging, downed power line, and other safety practices
- Recognizing and responding to natural gas leaks
- Be Alert for Cross Bores
- Safe Manual Excavation and Safe Digging Practices
- Don’t Rely on Your Nose Alone!
- Basic Facts About Electricity
- If You Suspect a Natural Gas Leak
- Are Overhead Power Lines Insulated? NO!